Monday 5 December 2011

No post in November?

We are in December now and I can not believe I didn't post anything in November!!

Was a very sad month for me though. Still feeling very sad now.
My father passed away.
So suddenly yet not, if that makes sense.

He was a drinker for a number of years and many of us were surprised he lived as long as he did! (61)
I use to say to him 'You will die from drinking too much!' I use to pour his drinks down the sink when I would go and visit him. I would even water them down. But, I'm not there 24/7.

I was terribly shocked when I had the message.
Although you know, if he carries on drinking his time will end sooner than it should but, when it actually happened, it was of great shock to me.
Just felt unbalanced. Like one side of me dropped and I wasn't held upright any more?
I suppose you always think your parents are going to be there always.
Even when you don't see them regularly you know they are there! where ever 'there' is.
Then when you hear they have died. It just, rocks you, throws you even.


This is how I remember dad.
I miss him so much...

Gypsy x

No comments:

Post a Comment