Saturday 1 October 2011

Things...

Things..

Thursday, 22 September 2011 17:39 by Gypsy Flower
Funny how things you have mean something to you, some times its the oddest of objects.
I was cleaning around my bedroom today and saw a couple of items that I often pass or dust or ignore and today, I took notice of certain things. And it got me thinking. How I come to have them and why I keep them.
I read a Buddha quote that said 'You only lose what you cling to' and it so made sense. Its true. 
This box of worry Angels I have, I am pretty sure I bought them, but then I'm pretty sure my husband may have bought me them? We both can't quite remember, you see, I was going to buy them, and I remember my husband (well he was my boyfriend then) also wanted to buy me some around the same time but I told him it was too expensive. So I'm not sure if it was another set of worry angels I had my eye on or if it was these ones. 
But anyway, these worry angels not only remind me of the early days with my sweetheart but it also reminds me of my close friend Sharon.
We had brought quite a lot of these sorts of things, Worry Angels, Angel cards, Crystals etc, we shared a common interest and often read eachothers cards to one another. I miss the close friendship we had. Didn't really realise it when we were friends but you kind of know when you no longer have the person around just how much you were close.


This Lamp, it reminds me of a Tiffany Lamp, but without the colourful glass shade you often get on Tiffany Lamps. When I saw this I had to get it, because it reminded me of my favourite Aunty, Joan.
We both use to shop at Tradex on a regular basis, it was a half way point for us both. Sometimes we would just meet up there in the carpark and sit in our cars or nip over to the cafe for a tea and biscuits. Tradex was a big shop that selled alsorts from clothes to shoes and ornaments to jewellery. I loved it, I was always in there!
Anyway, one particular time we were there, we were shopping for bits for her caravan that she was going to move into. Nothing permanant. 
And we saw these lovely Tiffany Lamps, well we had to buy a couple. And now, whenever I see a Toffany lamp or one that looks like one. I think back of the days at Tradex and the new caravan.
How time flies...


This was a gift from Pops. The man my Aunty Joan married. He was lovely. I miss him. He had a heart attack in 2006 when Olivia was 6 months old.
I called him 'Pops' didnt feel right having him has an Uncle he was more like a father to me.  He was especially loving towards my son Ashley who had no father or grandfather figure in his life.  I said to him one day, 'I'm going to call you Pops' and he thought it was a wonderful Idea!
He treated me like I was his daughter and often said that to me.
He was a big part of our lives in the short time he was with us. 
And he bought me this ring.  It has 'Pops' engraved on it. I thought it was lovely but wasnt overly excited about it at the time. I didnt 'get' it? - I of course look at it now and think 'Oh yes!' I will treasure this. I wear it often now.

Gypsy x

No comments:

Post a Comment