Thursday 29 September 2011

A bit of Retail Therapy :)


Sunday, 17 July 2011 07:35 by Gypsy Flower
I am a shopper, I just LOVE to shop! I am a bargain hunter too and I will walk from one end of the shopping centre to the other if I know I've seen similair cheaper in another shop. Across town even sometimes. Must say, I havent been to the shops much just lately. I don't like crowds and queues and there are never ending queues in shops nowdays.
 

But today I went along with my wonderful husband to buy some wooden clothes pegs. and came home with everything BUT clothes pegs. Nowhere had any? how strange!, They had the wooden clip ones and the coloured plastic ones but no wooden dolly pegs. So instead I came home with a variety of new things for the home. I thought I would try something different.
I've always been one for matching things.. even in the home. the decor had to match, everything was two-tone. Like brown and cream in the living area, pink and cream in the bathroom, black and magnolia in the kitchen and so on..
  
with maybe an ornament thats slightly different colour.
But just recently, mainly since reading through some blogs and waking up my creative side again. Ive decided to try and be bold! and vibrant! and dare myself to add completely different colour to my home... I will admit, it was scarey and I caught myself cringing at times but I thought, no, I'm going to do this, I'm going to be different. For example, Ive often seen a lovely lamp, say, Pink shade and glass bottom
 
and instead of just buying it I would be more 'Hmmmm, I don't think thats going to match the living area and it will look odd in the bedroom, as nice as it is it won't go anywhere so I shall leave it' !!!! what!!? was I thinking :(

Look, If I don't like something now, I can just paint it! or embellish it :)
Doesnt this look more interesting and pretty and vibrant?
  


Anyway.. Back onto my shopping list. This is what I managed to pick up.
Some more Beads for my doll making...


Some more tubs to store my wool and other bits for my crafts...

My sweethearts Rune reading room is becoming more and more like a craft storing room :)

I was a little apprehensive about these plate mats, I mean come on.... my first thoughts were, hmmmm something I would see at my grandmas house. Bless her soul.  But I tried to ignore my 'contemporary living' mode and opted to buy them. When I got home, I was still unsure, but next to the fruit bowl in the kitchen they looked rather nice I thought.

Scatter cushions, can never have enough of those now can we? but the colour mix was another cringing moment for me. I didnt mind grabbing them at the shop as they were all $5 each! but I worried when I got home that they would look soooo odd.
But, I thought they were OK, may need to buy a throw for this sofa to blend the colours nicely... maybe an orange one... GULP!

These candle holders were $2 each and place mats were $5.. I would have originally gone for a brown or cream or even black for this coffee table, but instead i thought I'd try a splash of red with the brown bamboo mats on top followed by the three candle holders, all of different colours!! yes, you've guessed it, it would have been one or maybe two colours, but three different ones? this is all new and something thats obviously been deep within me but I've been living in the modern world too long and have to have everything so contemporary!!

This is something I probably would have bought anyway, as it goes well with the Buddhas, But its three lots of flowers from different shops!, mixed together look very nice :)

We also got some new bedside lamps, which I will show once I have pictures of them. So yes, a very interesting and rewarding shopping trip. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must start looking around for second hand shops though, they are my absolute favourite for bargains :)

Bye for now sweetie pies
Gypsy x

No comments:

Post a Comment